Career Coaching is a division of our reentry program which will provide individuals with direction in their careers. We provide career assessments, career exploration, career change, personal career development services, resume writing and interviewing services.
We will offer a series of basic computer literacy classes designed by Microsoft. They are designed to help individuals obtain the skills they need to function in today’s digital world. Basic computer literacy is not only needed for social interaction, it’s also needed for work. The reality of today’s world is that people are often judged by how they act on various social sites. Having a good understanding of these sites, how they operate, and the appropriate etiquette.
The titles are:
· Computer Basics – This course shows students how to connect to the Internet; browse Web sites; use search engines; exchange e-mail and instant messages with others; explore the features of online communities and it explains how Web authoring software is used to create and publish Web pages.
· The Internet and the World Wide Web – This course explores the most common productivity software applications used in business, in education, and at home. Students are taught to select the right software for a project, and how to perform basic tasks by using word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and database software.
· Productivity Programs – This course introduces key concepts in computer security and in the ethical use of the technology. It explains the risks and threats to computer security and privacy, and outlines the steps every user should know to prevent information theft.
· Computer Security and Privacy – This course introduces key concepts in computer security and in the ethical use of the technology. It explains the risks and threats to computer security and privacy, and outlines the steps every user should know to prevent information theft.
· Digital Lifestyles – This course introduces the students to new digital technologies, including digital audio, digital video, and digital photography. It explores how these and other computing technologies are creating new career opportunities and shaping the world in which we live.
The classes will be instructor-led and feature computer-based demonstrations. Each course has an associated exam, to ensure the concepts are mastered. After passing the exam, the participants will receive certificate of completion.
We assist our clients with Goal setting/ life, financial, time and stress management. We aid them in properly understanding business etiquette/ dress and provide tips with filing out applications, interview techniques, body language and how to communicate.
We assist them with their organizational skills as well as test them on Conflict and Negotiations to name a few. They go through mock interviews and resume writing classes to ensure they have the best opportunity when heading out in their job search.